Where to sell your uncertified diamonds and diamond jewellery
Do you have loose diamonds and diamond jewellery that are not certified? You might some idea about the difficulties of selling them if you have tried before. Most of the buyers want jewellery that are certified by GIA, HRD, IGI, EGL, etc. that were not even introduced before 1970. So, what should you do if your precious stone is more than fifty years old?
Look for Uncertified Diamond Buyers Online
A good number of people are seeking the help of online diamond buyers to sell their uncertified diamonds. The main reason why you should sell your gem to them is that they pay more than anyone else.
They are specialised diamond buyers and have managed to acquire a good number of customers with the help of their websites. This is why it is easy for them to pay you more than the local pawn shops or jewellery buyers. Besides this, if you have the question” how to sell my uncertified diamonds and diamond jewellery easily?”, online stone buyers is the answer.
Qualities of a Diamond Buyer Online
- As your uncertified stones are not graded, you should know the grades of them before selling them online. Thus, the buyer should have fully trained gemologists to determine the grade and the correct market price of the gem.
- The professional should be a member of GIA, HRD and British Jewellers Association. The company should also have the membership of the trades diamond inventory system Rapnet. Being the member of all these organisations, the company will have the knowledge of the exact market price and can offer you the maximum value.
- The professional should have in-house equipment to test the colour, purity, fluorescence and weight of your uncertified stone.
- The company should buy Georgian, Edwardian, Victorian diamond without any certificate.
- If you feel your precious gem is worthy of certification, the professional should offer you a facility of certificating your diamond. The buyer should send your gem to the GIA or to HRD, the renowned certificating houses.
- If you are to sell your Certified diamonds, they should also help you with that.
Tips to Sell Your Uncertified Stones Online:
- If you have more than one stone, you should pack each of them separately. The reason behind it is that during shipping, the stones will be moving and you have to ensure that they don’t rub together.
- Many people have loose uncertified stones of a similar kind. If this is the case with you, sell all the stones together. It will prove to be more beneficial for you as stones that are similar can be used in a single piece of jewellery.
- Don’t take a quick decision. You may be forced to wrap up the deal quickly, but you should take your decision after checking all the above-mentioned qualities of the buyer.
So, now that you know, where to sell your uncertified stone, you should also try to find out a trustworthy buyer. To do this, check the customer reviews on various websites.